Sunday, October 24, 2010

Ode to the Alps

Ahhhh, the Alps.  How amazing to see these mountains as a backdrop to the lake and hills outside our home.  It still amazes me how they are in full view one day and completely hidden the next because it doesn't appear as if they are covered by clouds - they simply cease to be visibile.  It is truly as if God plucks them up and then drops them back down again on another day.  It's as if they are only here visiting.  If that is the case and they travel around, I hope they decide to stop by and visit you!

This week has been beautiful.  At different times during the day I think "Oh, I need to take a picture of the mountains - they are beautiful."  About an hour later they have changed and seem even more beautiful and I want to take another picture.  I only wish I was a better photographer with a better camera to do them justice.  Here are a few from our balcony that I wanted to share with you:


Alps at sunrise - about 7 am

Still morning

Morning on a different day

Another morning

During the day

During the day

Dusk - this was far more beautiful than picture suggests. 

Dusk

Almost night - love the moon in this one.  Later in the evening, you could still vaguely see the mountains in the light of the full moon. 

 Rich has been gone all week and came home today to finally see the mountains in full view.  We were so glad he was finally home after a long week's worth of work - and happy the mountains were here to help greet him!

No comments:

Post a Comment